Bariatric Insurance & Financing Options
Dr. Craig Chang participates in many insurance plans, a list of which follows. As each plan has its own set of coverages, deductibles and co-pays, we suggest speaking with your provider to fully understand your benefits. Should you need any help or direction, the surgical staff at our office would be happy to guide you in the right direction.
- Aetna and Aetna Medicare
- Amerigroup Medicare
- Allied Benefit Systems
- BAC (Business Administrative Consultants)
- BCBS PPO and HMO Blue Essential for State employees
- Boon Chapman
- Cigna PPO, including Caprock and BAS
- First Health, Owned by Aetna
- Galaxy Health Network
- GPA (Group Pension Administrators)
- HealthSmart, including smaller 3rd party insurance groups
- Humana commercial, Humana Gold, Humana Medicare, Humana Military
- Multiplan/PHCS network, inlcuding smaller 3rd party insurance groups
- Traditional Medicare
- Traditional Medicaid and DRISCOLL Medicaid only
- Tricare, ChampVA
- UHC, all except UHC DUAL Complete HMO/PPO and UHC Star Plus (Medicaid)
This may not be an all inclusive list and is subject to change without notice. Please contact our office directly to verify individual benefit information and eligibility. Our team is happy help guide you through the insurance verification process and assist you in understanding and preparing your bariatric case. To get you started, explore our Top 5 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company.
Cash Pay Weight Loss Surgery
For patients who do not have insurance coverage for weight loss surgery, a bariatric exclusion in their policy, or who do not wish to go through insurance to supplement their surgery cost or adhere to certain insurance mandated waiting period or other requirements, Advanced Bariatric & Surgical Specialists also offers self funded, or self-pay bariatric surgery options. Our team has worked to make our weight loss surgery pricing transparent and as inclusive as possible.
The Gastric Sleeve cash price is currently $8,990.
The Gastric Bypass cash price is currently $14,990.
We invite you to call / text / or contact us at 361-570-8585 for details on our self-pay bariatric program in Corpus Christi and Victoria, Texas.
Weight Loss Surgery Cash Pay Pricing Includes:
- Pre-surgery vitamins
- Pre-Op Lab Work (if having surgery @ DeTar)
- 1-2 night hospital stay
- Surgeon’s Fee
- Assistant Surgeon’s Fee
- Anesthesiologist’s Fee
- Radiologist’s Fee for UGI in hospital
- Follow-up visits for 1 year post-op, including band fills
Self-Pay Pricing May NOT Include:
- Labs ($100-$200)
- Cardiologist’s Fee (if EKG is needed)
- Radiologist’s Fee (if CXR is needed)
- Gallbladder ultrasound (Pre-op around $375, only for bypass patients)
- Any days spent in ICU (if needed)
- Blood Transfusions (if needed)
- Post-Op Vitamins or Nutrition Class
It is important to keep in mind that bariatric cash pay pricing does not cover costs associated with complications or re-operations. The information is provided as a general guide and is subject to change. Please call our office directly to verify cash prices and coverage.
Financing Bariatric Surgery
For patients who have large deductibles or out-of pocket amounts to meet or who are self pay patients, our office partners with third party healthcare financing options to help offset the upfront cost of bariatric surgery. Click below to learn more about healthcare lending options for bariatric surgery at Advanced Bariatrics & Surgical Specialists.
The billing process should be straight-forward and easily understood. It is important to us that all aspects of the billing process be open and transparent to you and your payor (insurance company and/or other responsible party), and it is our goal to make that the case.
Healthcare can be expensive. However, we will do our best to help minimize the cost of your care. If you have questions about your bill, please call the office at 361.570.8585 .